How To Make a Puzzle Game in Minutes Without Coding Skills
Did you know you can use puzzles to engage customers with your brand? Puzzles encourage your target audience to solve problems by focusing on your branded image.
But the hard part is making a puzzle game without breaking a sweat. In this article, we’ll show you how to make a puzzle game in minutes using no-code gamification software. You’ll also learn about gamification marketing, its benefits and how puzzle games work.
Let’s enter the game world!
What is gamification marketing?
Gamification marketing involves using game design elements to increase brand awareness, customer retention and engagement.
Image source: Adact
Gamification software can drive consumers to perform specific actions by engaging them and offering elements of competition and rewards. The software also allows you to modify your marketing campaigns into branded games. People can interact better with your brand through games than by reading ads about a product.
Gamification marketing is an easier way to lure customers in the following ways:
- Offering customers a chance to earn a reward in exchange for their contact details
- Using the customer data you obtain to run marketing campaigns, e.g., you can send marketing emails to deliver badges, offer discounts or send them your business newsletters
Benefits of gamification marketing
Here are some benefits of using games in marketing:
- Improves and increases engagement
- Helps to grow brand awareness and loyalty
- Helps to gather valuable customer data
- Drives conversion rates
- Makes the promotional offers more interesting
- Educates customer about your products or services using trivia games or interactive quizzes
- Encourages customers to return
Puzzle games: how they work & benefits
Players must fit separate pieces together to have a completed puzzle.
Some benefits of puzzles include:
- Increase problem-solving skills. By using logic to master patterns and game objects, our brains can develop problem-solving skills.
- Improve visual and reasoning ability. Through challenging puzzles, our brain learns to memorize and focus, thus increasing our visual and reasoning skills.
- Make our brain release dopamine. Solving puzzles produces a neurotransmitter that balances our mood and concentration, making it easier to complete a whole game without difficulty.
How to make a puzzle game using Adact
With gamification software like Adact, you can create and run puzzles online. The platform uses cloud-based services to help you make an in-game marketing campaign only you can analyze and control.
1. Upload an image
The first step is to upload your image, such as your branded icon, to increase brand awareness. On the right side of your screen, Adact gives you a preview of your puzzle game board, and on the left, you have options on where to drop and upload your image.
You can also have background transparency to hint at the possible solution.
2. Choose the number of pieces & set a timer
With Adact, you can also choose the number of puzzle pieces you want and set a timer for completing each level.
3. Customize it
Adact gamification tool allows you to customize your game by choosing different options, such as:
- Changing the background color or setting your own branded image as the background
- Changing the grid box’s design and the letter color and fonts
4. Inspire healthy competition with leaderboards
Adact allows you to create puzzles that inspire healthy competition by gauging and ranking your users. You can create a leaderboard to rate and monitor the player’s progress based on their performance.
5. Publish your custom puzzle game
Adact gives you two ways to publish your game when sharing your puzzle.
- You can publish your custom puzzle on our domain by creating your brand landing page on the Adact domain. Use the drag-and-drop features to publish the puzzle.
- You can also integrate the code into your website without any coding skills. To do so, you will copy a single line of code from our Adact puzzle generator to your website and the custom puzzle will instantly appear.
You can choose either of the two ways for your game. The Adact domain is more appropriate for your audience since once they land on the page, they only have the option to play the game.
The Adact domain has no traffic distractions, increasing user engagement and campaign results. It is also a faster way to publish your puzzle.
6. Analyze your gamification campaign
After you identify the main objective for using Adact gamification, you can analyze your campaign. Adact uses real-time analytics to measure your goal achievements. It observes the following metrics to examine your campaign:
- Number of clicks on your landing page
- Number of active game players
- Completion rate of the puzzle games
- The time spent solving a puzzle
Adact offers many other interactive games that can improve your marketing efforts. See our guides on:
- How to make a trivia game
- How to create a matching game
- How to make a Wordle game
- Advent calendar games
Game development doesn’t have to be hard. If you want to enhance your marketing strategies by creating puzzles, Adact can help you do just that in minutes without coding skills. You can customize it to fit your brand, choose the number of pieces, set a timer and create a leaderboard to increase motivation further. Sign up today and explore the future of gamification marketing!
How to make a puzzle game: FAQs
To create a puzzle game:
1. Decide the type of interactive game you want
2. Choose a no-code game maker like Adact
3. Upload an image, choose the number of puzzle pieces and set a timer
4. Customize your puzzle with your no-code game maker and publish it
5. Create a leaderboard to inspire healthy competition
Solving an online or a jigsaw puzzle game enhances brain cell connections to improve mental speed and memory and increases the production of dopamine, which balances mood, concentration and memory.
The average time to make one puzzle using traditional coding methods depends on how many pieces you want to implement in the game. 1,000-piece puzzles take around 5-10 hours, while 2,000-piece puzzles can take up to 15-20 hours. However, with today’s no-code gaming apps, you can create your own game within a few minutes without coding.