How to Create a Matching Game to Ramp Up Your Engagement
Are you looking for a fun and creative way to engage your audience and promote your brand? You can leverage games in marketing and create a matching game that does just that!
In this tutorial, we’ll explore the world of matching games and show you how to create a matching game using Adact. You’ll learn how matching games work, the benefits of incorporating them into your marketing strategy and how to design and publish your game without any coding skills.
At Adact, we believe that marketing doesn’t have to be boring—in fact, it should be anything but that. So, let’s dive into gamification marketing and see why it’s such a powerful tool for engaging customers.
What is gamification marketing?
Gamification marketing is a strategy that uses game mechanics to engage with customers and promote a brand in a fun and interactive way. These interactive games can take many forms, such as contests, quizzes or minigames.
Some of its key benefits are:
- Increasing conversions
- Building a solid brand awareness
- Building loyalty and positive associations
- Educating customers about new products or services from your brand
- Creating a more personalized and engaging experience for customers
- Compatibility with multiple platforms like mobiles, desktops, tabs, etc., providing a broader market reach
It’s no wonder that big brands like Nike, McDonald’s and Coca-Cola have all jumped on the gamification bandwagon. They’ve used games to promote everything from healthy living to fast food to attract customers to buy, and they’ve seen great results. Nike has made the utmost use of the metaverse and incorporated gaming “NIKELAND” to maximize visitors to their landing page.
But that doesn’t have to mean gamification marketing is only for the big guys. With Adact, you can create your own custom memory game or matching pairs game tailored to your brand and customers. Whether you want to use it to promote a new product or build brand awareness, branded games by Adact are the way to go.
So, if you’re ready to take your marketing ideas to the next level and have some serious fun while at it, try gamification marketing—your bottom line and customers will appreciate it!
Matching games: What are they and how do they work?
A matching game is a game where players need to match two or more items of the same type to clear them from the board.
They are easy to learn and play with. But don’t let the simplicity fool you—matching games can be surprisingly challenging. As the player progresses, the number of cards and items to match can increase, making it harder to remember where everything is. You can also add a time limit to make it more difficult.
Moreover, these games have educational benefits as well. They require players to use their memory and cognitive skills, making them a great way to exercise the brain. Memory games are also a great way to have fun, pass the time and unwind.
Fun fact: Did you know that memory games have existed for centuries? One of the oldest matching games is Mahjong, first played in China in the 19th century.
How to create a matching game using Adact
At Adact, we offer two matching games: Match 3 and Memory games. Match 3 is a game where players match three or more items of the same type, while the Memory game asks players to match pairs of items. We’ll show you how to create a memory game with Adact step-by-step.
1. Choose your branded icons and upload images
The first step in creating a Match 3 or Memory game using Adact is to choose your brand’s icons and upload your images to help build brand awareness. With Adact, you can upload as many pictures as you like and they will automatically organize into a Memory game or a Match 3 game format.
2. Play with the design
Once you have uploaded your images, you can start playing with the design of your Match 3 or Memory game files.
- Change the blue background to any color you like or set your branded custom image as a background
- Change the design of the grid box, as well as the letter color, style and font (you’ll see changes in the scoreboard on the right side and the time limit on the left side)
- Customize feedback colors, such as when a player makes a correct or wrong match
3. Use a leaderboard to inspire healthy competition
To inspire healthy competition and engagement, Adact offers a public leaderboard feature allowing players to see their scores and compare them with other players.
Here’s how you can add a leaderboard to your matching game:
- Decide how the players will earn points in each game. You can make the player who finishes the game the fastest and with the highest score the winner.
- Then, use Adact’s leaderboard registration form to collect the players’ names and data.
- Let the system track the players’ scores once they solve matching the pictures. For example, you could show a group of the top players’ scores at the end of each level or display the leaderboard on a separately created page players can access from the game’s main menu.
- Next, to maximize engagement and encourage players to return to play matching games, foster a sense of healthy competition. Offer prizes or incentives to players who reach the top of the leaderboard or create special challenges or events that allow players to earn bonus points.
4. Publish your custom matching game
After you have designed your perfect game in your memory game maker, it’s time to publish it!
Adact offers two ways to publish your memory game:
- Post it on the Adact domain—create a custom landing page on our domain using simple drag-and-drop features
- Direct users to your website to play—copy and paste a single line of code from our Match 3 or Memory game generator and integrate it into your website without advanced coding skills
The choice is yours, but we’d recommend using the Adact domain option. That way, customers can only play the game without distractions. Not just that, publishing your unique memory game becomes quicker!
5. Analyze the gamification campaign
Once your matching game is published, it’s essential to analyze the results of your gamification campaign. Adact offers analytics that can help you track metrics such as the number of plays, the average score and the time spent playing the game. This data can help you understand your gamification campaign’s effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
A matching game is just one of many games you can create with Adact. See also our guides on:
And there you have it, folks! Creating a Memory or a Match 3 game with Adact is a fun and engaging way to ramp up your engagement and promote your brand. The possibilities are endless, with customizable designs, branded icons and a leaderboard to inspire healthy competition.
But the best part? Adact makes it all super easy. You don’t have to be a coding genius or a graphic designer to create your custom matching game. With just a few clicks, you can have a unique game ready to share with the rest of your audience.
So why wait? Sign up for Adact today and create your custom matching game. Your customers will love it, and you’ll love the boost in engagement and brand awareness that comes with it. Get ready to level up your marketing game with Adact!
Let’s get gamifying!
How to create a matching game: FAQs
You can use a memory game maker like Adact to create your personalized matching game with branded icons and images. The interactive matching pair creator is easy to use and offers a variety of customization options to fit the theme of your brand.
To create a match-up activity, choose a memory game maker like Adact and a set of items to match. You can customize the memory game further by adding branded icons and images and playing with the design.
The basic rules for a matching game are simple—players match two or more items of the same type to remove them from the board. The game can become more challenging as players progress, with more items to match and fewer moves available. Some matching games may also have special items or power-ups to help players clear the board more quickly.